HoeyLegal – helping those injured in truck accidents in Pittsburgh, West Chester, Lancaster, Carlisle, Harrisburg, York, Delaware County, Scranton, Philadelphia, Allentown, Hazelton, Wilkes Barre and throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
FEDERAL MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY ADMINISTRATION (FMCSA)
5-YEAR TRUCK ACCIDENT DATA
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, a recent 5-year truck accident analysis revealed that large trucks in the United States were involved in the following:
- 160,646 FATAL CRASHES/ACCIDENTS INVOLVING DEATH
- 3,900 INJURY CRASHES/CATASTROPHIC INJURY CRASHES
- 1,144,000 PROPERTY DAMAGE CRASHES
If you have been injured in a collision with a large commercial truck, tractor-trailer or commercial vehicle, or if you have lost a family member in a truck accident crash, you must retain an experienced Truck Accident Attorney to represent you in Pennsylvania. The Pennsylvania Truck Accident Lawyers at HoeyLegal are ready to provide you immediate help.
Please contact HoeyLegal today and schedule your free and comprehensive consultation. We are prepared to travel to meet you at your location to make your consultation as seamless and convenient as possible should you have sustained injuries which prevent you from travelling.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) revealed that nearly 150,000 vehicle collisions occur annually in Pennsylvania. Because many of these accidents involve commercial vehicles, semi-trucks and tractor-trailers the consequences of theses accidents are deadly and leave motorists severely and catastrophically injured.
WHY SELECT HOEYLEGAL AS MY TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER?
At HoeyLegal, our attorneys have extensive trial experience. Indeed, we are trial lawyers prepared to go to trial for each of our clients in each of the cases we accept to prosecute on their behalf. We have decades of trial experience and a second to none investigative team which includes former FBI investigators, accident reconstruction experts, mechanics, data resource evaluators and a litigation team prepared to litigate every aspect of your case in courtrooms throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Immediate 5 Point Accident Litigation Plan
At HoeyLegal, we recognize that trucking companies, cargo companies, delivery companies and commercial vehicle companies will immediately deploy a team of investigators and attorneys to the accident site shortly after the accident occurs. In fact, most commercial trucking companies have “disaster teams” on call so they can immediately investigate the cause of the truck accident which involved you and your vehicle.
Oftentimes, these trucking company investigations will lead to the removal of evidence, removal of vehicles, removal of vehicle data and/or important evidence from the accident scene which may be permanently lost, causing a great disadvantage to the injured or the deceased victim of the truck accident. At HoeyLegal, our truck accident investigative team is prepared to conduct, with immediacy, the exact type of accident investigation which will preserve the evidence you will be required to produce at trial to prove driver/company negligence and recklessness. When you retain HoeyLegal, you retain our team of expert accident investigators, photographers and witness investigators that will be promptly deployed to the accident site to conduct the following 5 point truck accident investigation:
- INTERVIEW ALL WITNESS- Our investigators will promptly interview and record all witnesses that observed the accident and collect all biographical information from the witnesses so they will available to testify on your behalf at trial.
- ACCIDENT RECONSTRUCTION- Our expert accident investigators include former Pennsylvania State Police accident investigators and nationally recognized engineers who will carefully photograph the accident scene and conduct all necessary measurements of skid marks, yaw marks, displacement of debris and thoroughly examine the accident site to preserve all evidence for the time of trial.
- LOCATE, EXAMINE AND INSPECT THE TRACTOR-TRAILER- Our accident investigators include mechanics who will immediately respond to the accident site and the location where the truck has been impounded in order to photograph the truck and conduct necessary mechanical inspections of the vehicle. In the event that a court order is necessary to examine and inspect the trucks, HoeyLegal Attorneys will promptly file the necessary motions to enable the HoeyLegal mechanics and inspectors to conduct a prompt evaluation of the mechanical function of the at-fault tractor-trailer
- IDENTIFY ALL AT-FAULT DEFENDANTS- Oftentimes, there are several defendants responsible for the tractor-trailer accident. In most cases, at least two defendants are responsible for the ownership and operation of the tractor-trailer. There may be additional defendants responsible for the hiring and retention of the tractor-trailer driver. At HoeyLegal, our investigators will promptly identify the responsible defendants and immediately request the preservation of all evidence related to the hiring and retention of the driver, inspection of the vehicles and the supervision and drug/alcohol testing of the vehicle operator.
- OBTAIN NECESSARY COURT ORDERS TO PRESERVE EVIDENCE- At HoeyLegal, we know from our litigation experience that tractor-trailer drivers often operate at least one cellular phone which is in use at, during, or immediately prior to a tractor-trailer accident. Additionally, most tractor-trailers are equipped with data recorders which capture, in real-time, important vehicle operation events including speed, hard braking and other evasive maneuvers taken by the operator and the tractor-trailer. It is imperative that this evidence be obtained before it is destroyed. At HoeyLegal, our trial attorneys will obtain any necessary court order to preserve this evidence for trial.
In the event that you or a family member has been involved in a serious truck accident which caused death or serious permanent injury, contact the attorneys at HoeyLegal for your free consultation. We are prepared to deploy our experts on your behalf. Because time is of the essence, it is important that you contact us at once.
WHY TRACTOR-TRAILOR ACCIDENTS OCCUR
According to Department of Transportation statistics, there are nearly 300,000 open positions in the trucking industry which have yet to be filled. Accordingly, trucking companies are often utilizing drivers who operate tractor-trailers suffering from fatigue and sleep deprivation. Due to their size and weight, tractor-trailer accidents can cause serious and permanent injury and death. At HoeyLegal, we have found the following factors contribute to tractor-trailer/commercial vehicle accidents involving our clients:
- Driver Fatigue
- Driver Error
- Driving Under the Influence
- Improperly-Weighted Loads
- Unsecured Loads
- Defective Equipment/Mechanical Failure
- Poorly Trained Drivers
- Drivers Exceeding FMCSA Approved Hours of Operation
- Insufficient Vehicle Inspection
- Mechanical Error
- Insufficient Maintenance
- Unqualified Drivers
HOEYLEGAL EXPERT TRIAL WITNESSES
At HoeyLegal, our attorneys have forged excellent relationships with the finest accident investigators, engineers, human factor experts and trucking industry experts. Each of the experts we retain have excellent reputations within the trucking industry and accident reconstruction circles. These expert witnesses will promptly retrieve the data collected at the accident scene from cellular telephones and motor vehicle data recorders in an effort to gather the evidence required for a successful trial. In addition to our trucking industry experts, HoeyLegal employs a physician who will analyze your medical records and necessary future medical expenses, lifecare plans and fully and completely define and establish your injuries so that a jury listening to your case will effectively compensate you for your entire loss. Our economists will quantify your past/future lost wage figures, so you will be fully compensated for any past and future lost employment/wage opportunities. At HoeyLegal, we offer you a comprehensive team of experts and investigators who will clearly and unequivocally define your physical and monetary losses at trial.
HOW IS HOEYLEGAL COMPENSATED?
At HoeyLegal, our truck accident fees are charged on a contingency basis. HoeyLegal is only paid in the event your case reaches a settlement or a favorable verdict. In other words, you pay HoeyLegal nothing unless and until we recover on your behalf. Our consultation is free and comprehensive. Please contact HoeyLegal at once, should you have been involved in a truck accident in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.