Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the United States- causing at least 250,000 deaths per year. Medical Malpractice is often avoidable and the consequences of medical errors can be catastrophic. If you or a loved one has been injured as the result of a preventable medical error, let our comprehensive network of investigators, on-staff physician and highly trained medical experts fight for you.
Filing a Medical Malpractice lawsuit against a physician and hospital requires great expertise and skill. A defendant physician/hospital will utilize every measure to fight your claim. Our staff possesses the skill and talent necessary to prove your case in court. Having worked as a medical malpractice defense attorney, defending physicians, hospitals and health systems, I understand how physicians and hospitals will respond to a claim of medical negligence and how they will fight your case. Possessing an “insider” understanding of how the defendants will respond to your claim is an invaluable asset which I shall bring to bear in each and every medical malpractice claim brought on behalf of our clients.
For more than 25 years, the medical malpractice attorneys at HoeyLegal have obtained significant compensation for individuals who sustained injury as a result of the medical negligence of a physician, medical professional, or hospital. Our team aggressively litigates medical malpractice claims and is not deterred by the aggressive defense brought on behalf of the doctors and hospitals sued in your case. Our analysis of your claim begins with a free consultation and comprehensive review of your medical records, injuries and the decisions made by the medical professionals involved in your care.
WHY CHOOSE HOEYLEGAL?
HoeyLegal has a staff of trial attorneys and a litigation team which includes a medical doctor. Our trial attorneys have decades of trial experience and have tried over 100 jury trials on behalf of our clients. Because of our experience, we have achieved great success and substantial recoveries for our clients. When you retain HoeyLegal you will have great confidence knowing that your attorneys are among the most qualified in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
“Chris Hoey is a tenacious, compassionate, experienced attorney who will tirelessly fight for you. He and his staff were responsive and kept me well-informed. I am forever grateful to Chris for his diligent persistence.
***** Google Review-D. Wesley
“I highly recommend Mr. Hoey. Chris is an awesome attorney, along with his wonderful staff. Chris represented my autistic son with such professionalism, patience, compassion and thoughtfulness. He is a trustworthy lawyer in which I have complete confidence. Chris never backed down from any challenge. My son loved him; he was so sensitive to my son’s emotional needs, as well as others. I appreciate his analytical skills, determination and courage. It was a pleasure working with him and getting to know him and his outstanding staff. They really made us feel like family, diligently representing us.
***** Google Review-S. Hamilton
“Chris, I am still in shock that it is over. I am emotionally drained and will need some time to digest it all, but now I can begin to find some closure. You’re a phenomenal attorney. I truly appreciate all you have done for our family.
***** Google Review–A. DiPrimio
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CASES PURSUED BY HOEYLEGAL
In addition to nearly 250,000 people losing their lives as a result of Medical Malpractice, nearly 1,000,000 people annually suffer catastrophic injuries as a result of medical mistakes. Medical negligence is committed by physicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacists and healthcare administrators. Under the law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, hospitals can be held liable for the medical negligence of their employees, physicians and medical professionals. Theories of corporate liability are typically brought against hospitals for negligently hiring and retaining incompetent medical professionals. The following are typical medical malpractice cases brought by the attorneys at HoeyLegal:
- Surgical Negligence
- Anesthesia Administration Error
- Post-Operative Infections
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Neurologic injuries
- Failure To Diagnose Underlying Heart Condition/Heart Attack
- Emergency Room Errors
- Delayed Cancer Diagnosis
- Surgical Mistakes-Wrong-Sight
- Failure to Diagnose Brain Injury
- Failure to Timely Diagnosis Stroke
- Nursing Home Malpractice
- Bed Sores
- Wrongful Death
- Defective Medical Devices
- Birth Injuries
- Injury to Mother during Child Birth
- Untimely Cancer Diagnosis
- Delayed Diagnosis-Breast Cancer
- Delay Diagnosis-Colon Cancer
- Heart Attacks
- Medication Administration Errors
- Delayed Diagnosis-Prostate Cancel
- Delayed Diagnosis- Kidney Cancer
- Delayed Diagnosis-Lung Cancer
- Delayed Diagnosis-Cervical Cancer
- Unnecessary Medical Treatment
When you file a Medical Malpractice action in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, you must expect that your matter will be decided by a jury and not “settled” by attorneys who lack trial experience. When you select a Medical Malpractice attorney, be sure to hire an attorney who has trial experience, access to well-qualified medical experts, a litigation team which includes a physician and a support staff that is available to you to immediately respond to your questions or concerns.
Select HoeyLegal as your experienced medical malpractice attorney should you live near Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Chester County Delaware County, Lehigh County, Lancaster County, Lackawanna County, Luzerne County, Montgomery County and throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Call HoeyLegal today and schedule your case for a free comprehensive consultation. Because we work on a contingent fee basis, you pay HoeyLegal nothing unless and until we recover on your behalf.
CAUSES OF MEDICAL ERRORS
Over the course of our over 25 years of litigating medical malpractice claims in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and in the Federal Court System, the attorneys at HoeyLegal have discovered that medical errors occur most frequently under the following circumstances:
- Overworked Physicians and Medical Professionals– sleep deprived medical professionals including physicians, often make careless errors that otherwise would not be committed had they received proper rest and worked less hours
- Poor Communication- the poor or lack of communication between medical professionals regarding important care developments often leaves patients without necessary treatment for obvious conditions which were evident to one medical professional yet not communicated to another
- Poorly Staffed Hospitals- HoeyLegal has discovered that many medical errors occur simply as a result of insufficient staffing and physician coverage
- Overconfidence and Haste-HoeyLegal has experienced overconfident physicians and medical professionals who have failed to pursue additional testing and evaluation in the face of obvious clinical signs and histories warranting same
CALL HOEYLEGAL TODAY!
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury as result of the carelessness or negligence of a physician, medical professional, hospital or nursing home in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, please contact HoeyLegal today to schedule your free consultation. You will speak with an experienced Medical Malpractice attorney who will promptly order your medical records and examine your case with an experienced, physician and staffed, legal team.
Results Driven Client Success:
- Medical Malpractice $1,100,000 – Emergency Room Negligence-Failure to Diagnosis Sepsis
- Medical Malpractice $1,650,000 – Failed Heart Attack Diagnosis
- Medical Malpractice $1,500,000 – Emergency Room Negligence- Failure to Diagnosis Aneurism
- Medical Malpractice $1,400,000 – Untimely Cancer Diagnosis
- Medical Malpractice $1,000,000 – Birth Injury
- Medical Malpractice $650,000 – Untimely Stroke Diagnosis
- Dental Malpractice $900,000 – Trigeminal Neuralgia Injury